I’m Duncan Malashock, a product designer and full-stack web developer in Brooklyn, NY. Currently working with the team at Hearken on tools for connecting journalists with their audiences.
My skills include software engineering, visual design, usability, and typography. I love collaborating closely with a team.
I’m into jazz theory, synthesizers, and 80s funk. More on that here.
- The Elements of Typographic Style by Robert Bringhurst
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman
- Notes on the Synthesis of Form by Christopher Alexander
- Refactoring by Martin Fowler
- The Pragmatic Programmer by Andrew Hunt & Dave Thomas
- Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby by Sandi Metz